Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) has opened applications for a PESP4 Grants Officer. The Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP4), an initiative of the Presidency and the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC), aims to open doors in the creative and cultural sectors with an emphasis on shared value. BASA’s role in the implementation of PESP4 is to ensure that the positions created give participants the relevant work experience that will help them on their paths into the larger labour market.
PESP4 Grants Officer
One year, full-time fixed-term contract
- An appropriate qualification with a focus on administration and data capturing
- Over 1 years’ experience in administration, research and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one/two other South African
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and acknowledge all applications.
- Liaise with applicants, making sure that all required documentation is submitted.
- Summarising applications for review by the panel.
- Liaising with approved applicants.
- Preparing contracts and supporting documentation.
- Receiving contracts and making sure they are signed correctly.
- Receiving report backs and making sure they are filled in correctly and have the correct
- Responding to all PESP4 grant queries.
- Coordinate and assist with the roll out of BASA PESP4 from planning, implementation & reporting; working closely with the Project Manager to ensure the overall roll out of the programme is executed within deadlines.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organisation, on the progress of the project.
- Provide administrative, logistical and project management support to the Programme’s management team.
- Compile and archive all new research coming out of the programme.
- Analyse impact of the grant to beneficiaries in cooperation with the Project Manager.
- Present new findings from the grants to Programme’s management team.
Primary: Senior Producer and Strategic Projects Manager/ PESP4 Project Manager
Secondary: Finance and Operations Manager
Submit applications including a letter of motivation, an updated CV and contactable references to email@example.com
Enquiries: Send an email to Virginia Nkobi (BASA HR) at virginian@emergencegrowth.