It’s not only economics that is driving an era of collaboration. Businesses who work with creatives are seeing the benefits of a left brain-right brain relationship to solve problems, deliver on their social investment and create clear and authentic messages that brands can align with. As Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) prepares for its 26th annual BASA Awards, to be held in Cape Town for the first time, more partners have joined BASA in shining the spotlight on creative and arts partnerships.
“We’re very pleased to welcome new event partners into the BASA Awards because it suggests a sustained appetite for business to work with creatives,” says CEO of BASA, Ashraf Jacobs-Johaardien. By sponsoring a BASA Awards category, business is able to add yet another endorsement of the importance of these partnerships. Many of our new category partners have won Awards previously or are ongoing supporters of the cultural sector.”
The sponsors for the ten categories of the 26th annual BASA Awards are as follows:
- The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) is the sponsor of the Community Development Award
- IDC is also supporting the CSI Award
- First-Time Sponsorship Award, supported by Radisson Red
- Heineken Beverages is the sponsor of the SMME Award
- Heineken Beverages has also partnered on the Long-Term Partnership Award
- Sunglass Hut Sponsorship has partnered on the In-Kind Award
- Samsung is the category sponsor for the Innovation Award
- British Council is the sponsor of the Beyond Borders Award
- Two Special Awards will also be announced, namely the BASA Green Award partnered by Twyg, and
- The BASA Chairperson’s Award, supported by The Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, which is selected at the discretion of the BASA Board Chairperson.
These sponsoring partners play a pivotal role in recognising and celebrating the remarkable contributions made by creative and commercial collaborations that span diverse fields, from community development to innovation and beyond. To find out more about the partnerships who are finalists in the 2023 BASA Awards, visit https://basa.co.za/news/26th-basa-awards-finalists-announced/
The BASA Awards Ceremony will be held at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa. This is the first time the BASA Awards will be held in Cape Town. For more information about the awards visit https://basa.co.za/awards/