Department Marketing and Communications
Contract Type Full time permanent contract
Reporting Line CEO
Manages Marketing Assistant
Hours 40 hours per week
Notice period Two months
Reference No. BHR0801
To develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy across a range of reactive and strategically planned opportunities in print, media, events and online. Manage marketing and communications team across multiple programmes and locations, motivating and supporting staff to deliver high quality work and will have an active role in implementing marketing and communication activities, particularly around direct marketing and support to BASA’s mandate.
Department Marketing and Communications
Development of Communication Strategies
● Strategically promote BASA programmes, projects, partnerships and events through varied communications channels.
● Ensuring that integrated communication and engagement activities speak to key marketing objectives highlighted in the strategy and operation plan.
● Advocating for the value of business-arts partnerships, showcasing best-practice partnerships and BASA’s work, and encouraging business to support the arts.
● To increase the reach and impact of BASA’s profile and visibility through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications,
thereby significantly contributing to the development of new programme partnerships and funding opportunities
● Work with departmental colleagues to deliver content in line with the Marketing & Communications Strategy to ensure that the BASA
communicates in a consistent, accurate, professional and prompt manner with all key audiences.
● Working with departmental colleagues, keep the Marketing & Communications Strategy under review and update Strategy Action Plan on an annual basis
● Develop a strategy for the establishment and development of the communications system and function.
● Ensure that key resources are obtained, engaged and managed against agreed objectives and within agreed budget.
● Develop measures for evaluating the effectiveness of communications and advertising and ensure that they are submitted to CEO for approval and implementation to obtain regular feedback within prescribed time frames.
● Formulate a plan for branding of the different BASA activities and submit to CEO within prescribed time frame.
● Compile information for website
Marketing & Brand
● Advise / strategies on marketing and advertising requirements for all departments.
● Identify suitable print/digital advertising opportunities and negotiate space accordingly.
● Design ads in liaison with external graphic design consultant where necessary.
● Act as ‘brand guardian’ and maintain brand assets – in conjunction with design agency, maintain guidelines for use of BASA logo and co-ordinate all print production / online templates for stationery / publicity material, e.g. newsletters and invitations, using the logo/brand to ensure correct use of identity.
● Manage, develop and market new brands, in collaboration with partners, where necessary.
● Pursue / manage brand partnerships, as necessary.
● Conceive and order branded goods.
● Conduct appropriate market research including competitor analysis, demographic and economic reviews, and examination of educational trends.
● Ensure the systematic collection, review and analysis of market information to identify competitor tactics, market trends, new opportunities and challenges.
● Publish content to social media channels on a regular basis (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and in line with guidelines within the Marketing & Communications Strategy.
● Execute and manage social media campaigns to build followers, enhance visibility, and drive engagement.
● Conduct analysis to assess the performance of digital content.
● Build relationships with third-party publishers to provide regular content contributions.
● Work with internal resources and external agencies to provide content to third-party publishers on a regular basis.
● Create and localize content for international audiences.
● Perform “social listening” to identify influencers and outreach opportunities.
● Optimize content for search engines.
● Provide ongoing analysis and performance reporting.
● Make recommendations to management regarding improvements.
● Ensure all campaigns and content are in compliance with the Marketing & Communications Strategy and the organisations overall Strategic Plan.
● Create and manage scoping documentation, program schedule, and project checklists.
● In conjunction with external digital design agency create a development plan for the BASA’s website to meet the changing needs of the
● Maintain the website using WordPress, updating regularly with images, news, video and new copy as appropriate, in liaison with marketing and communications colleagues.
● Identify key goals for analytics data and use together with information on traffic, to inform development decisions
● Formulate strategies for building and maintaining effective stakeholder relations.
● Provide effective feedback, advice and guidance on communications related function to staff.
● Ensure that communication projects are fully provided for in budgets and cost estimates are accurate.
● Exhibitions and other events are effectively carried out.
● Strategic partnerships and Agricultural sector activities are promoted and monitored.
● Print media publications are effectively project managed and meet deadlines as well as cost budget/estimates
● Do presentations to government and industry stakeholders on request or as required.
● Take responsibility of sending selected BASA reports to public.
● From time to time take responsibility to organise workshops.
● Ensure that stakeholder perceptions of the BASA remain positive and the organisation enjoys a high level of visibility within the ambit of Marketing activities (i.e.Marketing staff represent the BASA through participation in workshops, meetings, contact sessions, forum meetings and other industry meetings).
● Liaise with Head: Programmes to ensure effective communication of programmes both nationally and to spread the footprint on the African continent.
● Liaise with Head: Research & Development to ensure that Marketing and Evaluation is at the core of all Programme matrixes.
● Line manage BASA’s Programme Manager and Facilitators with regards to delivery.
● Managing internal and external stakeholder expectations and ensuring a clear vision is set out.
Quality Management & Reporting
● Present specialist advice in high-quality comprehensive reports that articulate the research findings and offer evidenced-based recommendations for programme development, including potential business models.
● All documents submitted on behalf of the Division:
● Meets all terms of reference
● Is grammatically accurate and free of errors
● Incurs limited corrections by Board members.
● Provides regular updates and communication on the progress of the research; incorporating feedback and edits from the team
● Manage the reporting and daily running of the programme.
● Provides regular updates and communication on the progress of the research; incorporating feedback and edits from the team.
● Compile monthly update and status report for submission to Exco and quarterly to Board.
● Compile articles for publishing
● Lead the team on delivering high quality, high profileprogrammes which reach a wide audience
● Individual development needs are identified and met.
● Formal performance feedback is conducted every trimester.
● High performance individuals are identified and rewarded.
● Under achievers are identified and remedial action is taken positively and timeously.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Minimum Education / Training
● Postgraduate Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a Communication/ Marketing or other relevant subject.
● Minimum of five (5) years’ experienceundertaking Communication/ Marketing.
● Experience designs that have led to tangible results (e.g.programme and/or policy development).
● Experience developing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems
● Strong knowledge of arts sector
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills; strong command of grammar, spelling and style.
● Excellent attention to detail, particularly when undertaking administrative research tasks (e.g. data entry, emailing surveys).
● Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
● Strong understanding of research ethics ensuring participant data and sensitive information is kept confidential.
● Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently, with little notice, and as necessary
● Ability to work within tight deadlines to produce quick turnarounds
● Ability to engage in advocacy
● Must be able to attend arts sector events in the evenings Own transport essential
● Ability to work independently
● Ability to work under pressure
● Ability to monitor and update legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
● Ability to address non –performing transactions
● Ability to provide advice on regulatory requirements
● Ability to facilitate the management of risk within the organisation.
● Ability to develop and implement risk and compliance processes and procedures.
● Ability to ensure that risk standards and procedures have been adhered to.
● Ability to monitor and report on compliance
● Strong attention to detail
● Must be able to work well in a team environment
● Good planning skills
● Good communication skills, both written and verbal
● Must be hands-on and have a preventative mindset
● Solutions-oriented and self-motivated individual
● Strong organizational & prioritization skills
● Be able to work in a pressured environment.
● Be able to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
Submit applications including a letter of motivation, an updated CV and contactable references to email@example.com before 17h00 on 8 August 2022. Please quote Reference: BHR0801 in the subject line.
Enquiries may be directed via email to Virginia Nkobi (BASA HR) at firstname.lastname@example.org.