Contract Type Full time permanent contract
Reporting Line Head of Programmes
Manages Programme Provincial Liaisons (ad hoc)
Hours 40 hours per week
Notice period One month
Reference No. BHR0802
Co-ordinate relevant projects/programmes, and provide day-to-day oversight of administrative and operational functions of the Programmes Department.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
● Coordination of grant administration, financial and/or other associated transactions.
● Administration of all day-to-day aspects of a contract, grants and/or Programme.
● Implementation of operational policies and procedures in line with the BASA and Programme objectives.
● Writing, editing and publishing of marketing, promotional or educational materials and integrated reports.
● Liaison, communication with internal and external Programme and/or BASA stakeholders.
● Assist with planning, preparation, management of budgets and expenditure.
● Assist with the facilitation of all programme activities.
● Assist with the monitoring & evaluation of all programme activities.
● Assist with the reporting of all programme activities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
● Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments,
● Ability to coordinate and organise meetings and/or special events. Proven experience in organising resources, administrative, word processing and relevant office skills.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community,
● Ability to train assigned staff, knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures,
● Knowledge of communication principles, media and marketing techniques.
● Ability to gather and analyse statistical data and generate reports, as well as possess
demonstrable writing skills.
● Degree or Diploma in Performance Arts Management/ Dramatic Arts or equivalent
● Valid driver’s license
● Conversant in multiple South African languages
● Experience in Arts Management/Administration
● At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
● Passion and commitment to the development of the cultural sector
● Excellent work ethic and great project management skills
● Willing to travel
● Able to work effectively in remote settings
Submit applications including a letter of motivation, an updated CV and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17h00 on 31 October 2022. Please quote Reference: BHR0803 in the subject line.
Enquiries may be directed via email to Virginia Nkobi (BASA HR) at email@example.com.