South African individuals working in the arts, culture and heritage sectors. Working individuals in the creative industries who:
- Do not have a regular salary source;
- Rely solely on their creative work as a source of income; and
- Whose income has been severely interrupted or stopped by the COVID-19 crisis.
Please note these exclusions – ie you will not qualify and may not apply if any of the following are applicable:
- Organisations, e.g. an NGO, NPI, NPC, (Pty) Ltd, etc.
- Permanent or fixed-term contract employees. These may be considered on the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme or should explore other relief interventions available to businesses and labour.
- Those who do not rely solely on the income earned from participating in art, culture and heritage activities.
- Beneficiaries of the first cycle of DSAC’s Relief Fund or its provincial counterparts, or any other government COVID-19 response support.
- Group applications (choirs, bands, etc).
- Individuals in the fields of visual arts, craft and design should apply to the Department of Small Business Development.